LWVMC Retained Positions
City of Milwaukee Positions
1. Support long-range planning, innovative programs, and program budgeting in MPS.
2. Support a periodic program assessment by public school administrators and by an independent, impartial evaluator with such evaluations available to the public.
3. Support City of Milwaukee residency requirement for all MPS employees, both classified and unclassified.
City of Wauwatosa Positions
Government: Finances Revenue Sources
1. Support the property tax as the main source for local needs.
2. Support user fees, if necessary, for optimal services, but not for essential services beneficial to all (such as police and fire departments).
3. Oppose local sales, local income, and wheel taxes.
City Expenditures: Education
1. Support using school buildings efficiently.
2. Support reducing the number of non-classroom professionals if it can be done without affecting quality.
Government: Size of Common Council
Support the reduction of the size of the Common Council within the limits of practicality, including the possibility of aldermen at large.
Revised July 2014